Gas Detector Rental Done Right
If you've rented a gas detectors before, I'm sure you've had a problem. Heck, I'm not sure what you're doing thinking about doing it again. Haven't you been burned enough? Why engage in any more masochism?
The good news is, renting gas monitors from Ideal Calibrations is different. We're gas detector specialists. We don't handle noise dosimeters, fall protection, or anything else safety related. All we do is gas and gas detection. When people receive out of calibration monitors from those other rental companies, we're the people they call to fix the problem. We support our equipment and know it backwards, forwards, and inside out.
What Makes Ideal Calibrations Any Better?
So what does our expertise in gas detection translate to for you? We've identified the key hassles in gas detector rental and we've done our best to fix them. Here are a few keys:
- You can see what's in stock right on our store - This means you don't need to call and ask or send a contact form. It's right there. If a monitor is booked, the system automatically retracts the availability, this way you're ensured to receive the equipment you ordered instead of an excuse. Our monitors are available to ship out same day if they're ordered before 3PM EST. If it's after 3PM and you need rush shipping, call us at 734-956-0539. We might need to charge a small rush fee if we're slammed, but we'll do our absolute best to take care of you.
- Pricing is available online - No surprises here. We want you to know what you're going to pay. If you find a better deal somewhere else, email email@example.com and we'll match it apples to apples, we'll even give you 10% off for the heads up if you mention this line.
- We include return shipping labels - Remembering addresses and printing labels is a hassle you don't need to deal with. Just slap the label we include in the case onto the bottom of the case when you're done, zip tie the case closed, and drop it off with Fedex. When it goes out the door from our end, we ship it out Fedex 2nd Day Air (remember, that's 2 business days, so not including Saturday and Sunday. If you need Saturday or Next Day Air delivery, please let us know using the Special Requests box when you place your order) so that we know exactly what day it arrives on. Your monitor will arrive 1 day before you've reserved it. We aren't going to charge you for the day when you're opening boxes trying to figure out who the thing goes to within your company.
- We don't bill you for the time the monitor is in transit - When you receive the monitor the clock starts. When you drop the monitor off with Fedex the clock stops. That's it. We're not looking to ding you for extra cash because you shipped it back to us ground.
- If it screws up, we've got your back - If your monitor has a problem, we'll ship you a new monitor which you'll receive the next day. If it's because you sucked up a bunch of water, we're going to bill you for the damage and the shipping, but if it's because of an equipment failure that isn't user related it's 100% on us. We think it's only fair.
You don't always want to buy a gas detector. To be completely honest, they're expensive, your employees will treat them like they're bulletproof, and they have a high cost of ownership. All of this leads to the benefit of gas detector rental: not having to pay to take care of them when they're not in use. When you rent your gas monitor from us, we take care of all the calibration and repair work on our end for you. That cost of ownership? Well it's a lot lower when this is all you do with your days (we aren't allowed to have lives here). On top of all of that, when you drop a monitor off for repair with us, we give you a gas detector rental at half price for the duration of the repair work.
In addition, and the most important point really, your customers will often cover the cost of renting safety equipment, whereas they will not cover the cost of purchasing it.
This means if you rent it from us, it's essentially free to you and part of your job costs. If you buy it, you'll need to pay for maintenance, upkeep, and everything else associated with gas detection out of your own pocket. We'd rather you rent it from us and save yourself the time and money in the long run.
How do I Rent Detectors from Ideal?
Renting from Ideal Calibrations is a simple process. Here are the steps:
- Click the "New User?" Button in the upper right hand corner. I like to get this step out of the way first, but really you can do this during checkout as well. Once you've filled out the form, click the Sign Up button at the bottom. We won't spam you or sell this information to anyone.
- You'll receive an email in a minute or so. Once you do, click the link to verify that your email address is correct.
- Head over to the main https://www.gasdetector.rentals page. Find the gas detector(s) you'd like by using the filters on the right hand side to specify what gases you want, whether you want diffusion or pumped, etc. If you need help, call us at 734-956-0539 and we'll walk you through.
- Once you've found your choice, you can either click on that monitor for more info or click the yellow RENT button to bring up the quick menu. This will allow you to set what date you want to rent the monitor as well as for your expected length of the rental. We do NOT penalize you for having your monitor longer than expected. We simply bill you for the time you use at the cheapest possible rate. So if you have the monitor 3 weeks and a few days, we're just going to bill you the monthly rate to save you the money. Click the Add to Cart button to add this monitor to your booking.
- When you've added all the monitors you need, click on the Cart icon to bring yourself to the checkout screen.
- On the Cart screen, click Notes/Comment to give us any special information you may need like custom alarm values, packing requests, Next Day Air or Saturday Delivery shipping, etc. You can also give us a Job or a PO Number (if you have an account with us) on this screen. Select whether you would like to pick the monitor up or have it shipped to you. If you select pickup, we'll remove the shipping fee from your final total. Otherwise, fill out your shipping information by clicking Add a New Location or selecting an existing location you've entered.
- Click the "I Accept the Terms" box and then click the yellow Checkout button in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Enter your payment info and we'll start preparing to ship your monitor out to arrive on the date you've requested!
- Once the monitor arrives, make sure you go over it and know how to operate it. If you have any questions, CALL US! You'll receive a sheet in the box which goes over calibration gas values, alarm limits as set, etc. This sheet functions as your calibration certificate.
- When you're done with your monitor, pack it up and put it back in the case. Find the Fedex label we've included and slap it over the top of the one we put on the box to ship it out. Grab the included zip ties out, then shut the lid, zip tie the holes in the front, and drop it off at Fedex! You're all done!
Whew! It seems like quite a few steps, but we'd rather hold your hand through the process than have it be frustrating. You can always give us a call and set your rental up over the phone as well, we're happy to talk to people interested in gas detection. Our phone number is 734-956-0539 and our support email address is firstname.lastname@example.org